ASSET MANAGEMENT APPLICATIONS LEAD
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule, depending on nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Enterprise Information Systems Department, you are responsible for the supervision of and coordination for the planning, design, development, and support of computer software applications that enable Asset Management business capabilities.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision for computer software developers, business and systems analysts, and professional engineers in the analysis and solutioning of complex business computer applications utilized across the enterprise to enable asset management business capabilities.
- Coordinate with the Digital & Technology (D&T) Value Management Office, Business Partnership Department, and Project Delivery Department to plan and schedule resources for complex, enterprise-wide project delivery.
- Participate in and supervise to completion complex, enterprise-worthy computer system solutions, including the evaluation, planning, documentation, developing, testing, organizing, and controlling within departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare section business plans, budgets, workload and resource projections, and strategic plans.
- Monitor ongoing capital and operating expenses and ensure alignment with planned budget.
- Recommend the selection and training of section staff, plan for and provide on-going staff development, and conduct staff performance evaluations to ensure performance meets established standards.
- Keep abreast of IT technology trends and developments, communicating accordingly to management and staff, including keeping up to date in the areas of system architecture and development patterns and best practices.
- Provide information technology consultation to and work with the business clients/users to define complex business problems, determine the extent of computer application, review with appropriate staff from D&T and define constraints and the level of service and reliability to satisfy the business plans and objectives of the client.
- Plan and carry out feasibility studies for various sizes and types of applications/systems to establish the technical and economic implications of the proposed applications/systems.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security & Enterprise Architecture to develop, maintain, and promote technology standards, technical capability guidelines and/or guardrails; to continuously develop and improve enterprise agile architecture and governance; identify and document business and technical capabilities required to support Strategy 2040.
- Provide guidance and leadership on the continued support and enhancements for the Asset Management computer systems inventory and applicable periphery of applications and system integrations.
- Represent Manitoba Hydro on internal and/or external committees regarding research and development software projects and/or responding to customer/stakeholder software solution needs and requirements.
- Represent Manitoba Hydro in dealings with vendors who provide computerized application solutions.
- A four-year degree in Computer Science from a recognized university with six years of experience related to software development/modelling and computer system analysis including two-years supervisory experience
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from a recognized university with six years of experience related to engineering software development/modelling and computer system analysis including two-years supervisory experience.
- A two-year diploma in Computer Programming Technology from a recognized college and eight years of experience related to software development/modelling and computer system analysis including two-years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret business and engineering problems or processes with project originators or business stakeholders and develop appropriate information technology solutions in close liaison with business clients/users, which requires the ability to understand, document and model complex business processes (with particular emphasis on the Asset Management business capabilities) and the applications and data associated with the business processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory duties and employee relations methods.
- Demonstrated ability to organize staff and coordinate work schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT teams and ensure all team members are working effectively in a team environment.
- Possess superior planning skills, both strategic and tactical.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues, both strategic and tactical, that represent the best overall interests of the Corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to make and implement well-reasoned decisions and possess an organized, analytical nature and be self-motivating.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with staff at all levels both orally and in writing, including the ability to effectively deliver presentations and chair committees.
- Working knowledge of IT Incident and Change Management system.
- Commitment towards ongoing learning related to software development technologies.
- Ability to treat confidential information as required.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $47.32-$64.83 Hourly, $90,676.56-$124,229.82 Annually.
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is OCTOBER 3, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.