Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc.
Manitoba Region: Winnipeg, MB
Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc. invites applications for a Contract Position until March 31, 2023 as Receptionist. The Receptionist is responsible in being the first point of contact by attending to telephone inquiries, visitors and providing clerical Receptionist duties. The selected candidate will also conduct client-intake screening to assist them with their emotional and cultural support needs.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide reception duties, screen and relay incoming calls, walk-ins and messages;
- To provide information to callers, visitors and queries from the public;
- To ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out fo the organization;
- To offer assistance and direct requests to the proper staff member;
- To ensure all phone messages are recorded and directed to the appropriate staff member;
- Responsible for receiving all faxes, in-coming and out-going mail and to log and record it as needed;
- To ensure the front office/public areas are organized and clean;
- Maintain and update mailing lists and database;
- Organize and maintain confidential files and office records as requested;
- To maintain absolute confidentiality;
- To function as an effective team member with the Centre and partner organizations;
- This position may require evenings, weekends and overtime as requested;
- This position may require participation in traditional cultural ceremonies and/or provide front-desk coverage during traditional cultural ceremonies;
- Open to carrying out other tasks as assigned.
- Must be double-vaccinated and open to weekly Rapid Covid Testing;
- Mandatory High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Two years Receptionist experience (multi-line switchboard, fax, copier, etc.);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, written and organizational skills along with problem-solving ability;
- Knowledge of maintaining a datebase;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs;
- Self-motivated, able to work as part of a team or independently;
- Knowledge and application of computer software (Microsoft Work, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher);
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of visitors and circumstances;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations;
- Demonstrated professionalism, high-degree of integrity and ethical conduct;
- Customer-service experience;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change;
- Knowledge of Manitoba Indigenous communities and affiliated organizations;
- Experience working with Indian Residential School (IRS) Survivors and their families is an asset;
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultural and spiritual traditions is an asset;
- Ability to speak/understand an Indigenous language is an asset:
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle;
- Be drug and alcohol free; and
- Free to travel as needed.
A Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check must be provided to Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc. upon contract offer to the successful candidate.
SUBMISSION and CLOSING DATE:
All applicants must submit a Resume, Cover Letter with salary expectations, along with 3 References by 4:30 pm on the closing date of Friday, August 19, 2022 to:
ATTN: Office Manager
Please, no phone calls.
We thank all who apply and advise, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.