Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc.
Manitoba Region: Winnipeg, MB
Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc. is accepting applications from qualified persons for the Administrative Assistant position. This position is a Contract position until March 31, 2023. Working under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing effective, administrative support for a range of comprehensive administrative functions including all administrative support to the Executive Director, Office Manager, Resolution Health Support Workers (RHSW) and Cultural Support Providers (CSP). The Administrative Assistant shall ensure all activities are undertaken in a matter consistent with the Mandate, Vision and Mission Statements of Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide administrative support to Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc. staff.
- To function as an effective team member with the Centre and partner organizations.
- To provide general office support in the areas of answering the phone, directing calls and requests, record messages, transmit faxes and conduct photocopying as required, maintaining calendar and/or appointment schedules, coordinate, plan and prepare meetings, maintain filing system, distribute and process incoming and outgoing correspondence, order and maintain office supplies, office equipment and forms, and ensures public spaces are tidy.
- Maintain and update mailing lists and database.
- Responsible for coordinating and setting up meetings as required by the Executive Director and Office Manager.
- Support official meetings, taking, transcribing and distribute meeting minutes/notes.
- Organize and maintain confidential files and office records.
- Serve as a liaison between Executive Director and staff.
- Serve as a liaison between our office and other IRS RHSP offices.
- To assist staff with monthly and quarterly activity reports as requested.
- To maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Open to carrying out other tasks as assigned.
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
- This position may be required to work overtime.
- This position may be required to participate in traditional cultural ceremonies.
- Mandatory High School diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma or Certificate as an Administrative Assistant or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- At least two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Self-motivated, able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and database systems.
- Ability to maintain website and Facebook page.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety visitors and circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrated professionalism, high degree of integrity and ethical conduct.
- Knowledge of customer service (preferred).
- Good organizational skills and working knowledge of office and administrative procedures and related equipment (preferred).
- Excellent oral and effective communication skills (preferred).
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Knowledge of Manitoba Indigenous communities and affiliated organizations.
- Experience working with Indian Residential School (IRS) Survivors and their families is an asset.
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultural and spiritual traditions is an asset.
- Ability to speak/understand an Indigenous language is an asset.
- Have a valid Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Be drug and alcohol free.
- Free to travel as needed.
A Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check must be provided to Wa-Say Healing Centre Inc. upon contract offer to the successful candidate.
All applicants must submit Resume, Cover Letter with salary expectation, along with 3 References by 4:30 pm on the
Closing Date: Friday, August 19, 2022 to:
ATTN: OFFICE MANAGER
Please, no phone calls.
We thank all who apply and advise, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.