Posted Aug 5, 2022 at 07:00 pm Closes Aug 19, 2022 at 07:00 pm
Position: Addiction Counselor
Position Description: Under the direction of the Operation Manager, and in accordance with the Indigenous Women’s Healing Centre's philosophy, goals, and service policies and standards the Addiction Counselor is responsible for providing supports and programming for the residents of Indigenous Women's Healing Centre facilities who are dealing with the vicious cycle of addiction, due to intergenerational family dysfunction, residential school impacts, and trauma related issues. All support and programming will guide the Residents in their efforts to successfully reunify their family and reintegrate back into the community.
Education and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree/BSW/ Addiction Counselor Certificate with previous experience in addiction counseling preferably with Indigenous Women.
· Excellent group facilitation and program development skills.
· Must have excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions a definite asset.
· Knowledge of an Indigenous language or dialect a definite asset.
· CPR/1st Aid Training Certificate or be willing to obtain required.
· All employees are subject to a criminal record and child/adult abuse registry check.
· Class V MB driver's license and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: