Please apply using link: Executive Assistant, Enterprise Risk Division (myworkdayjobs.com)
Supporting two Senior Vice Presidents and a Managing Director, this role will have you working with top notch professionals in managing calendars, daily activities and providing white glove customer service to various internal stakeholders on their behalf. The ideal candidate will have supported senior leaders and/or executives for no less than 5 years and have strong command of the English language, in addition to an effortless ability to articulate ideas both orally and in writing. This role is part of a larger team of administrative resources which requires back up coverage for colleagues and, therefore, gaining knowledge of different lines of business within the Enterprise Risk Area. If this sounds like a dream job, considering applying or referring someone from your network! We look forward to reviewing your resume.
If you’re looking for your next dream job, consider this one in BMO’s ERPM Risk group where every colleague helps protect and grow the bank by providing independent review and oversight of enterprise-wide risks, working together to maintain a risk management framework and fostering a strong risk culture. #ERPMDreamJobs
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, financial and human resources administration and provides professional support to one or more Managers and their direct reports. The role provides general offices services ensuring all administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, while seeking to determine, develop, and participate in implementation of improvement opportunities, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group.
- Provides subject matter expertise and advice related to assigned strategic initiatives and act as relationship management for assigned initiatives.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Leads the planning, coordinating and implementing department events.
- Provides senior level administrative and operational support within a large, diverse team including one or more senior executives.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of administrative programs.
- Coordinates and monitors budgets and reporting on results vs. budget.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to more junior administrative assistants to support them in developing capability to carry out current job accountabilities.
- Manages and monitors calendars and upcoming events. Dispatches meeting invitations, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation. Supports the coordination and implementation of department events.
- Develops and maintains a filing system; ensures business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation, paper or electronic, are readily available.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications (e.g., correspondence, presentations, policies & procedures).
- Dispatches outgoing communications. Answers central phone line, responding to and resolving/escalating inquiries.
- Processes invoices for payment in adherence with documented processes and guidelines and vendor agreements
- Prepares and logs departmental expense claims and reports. Tracks expenses to ensure they stay within budget.
- Makes travel arrangements, booking flight/hotel reservations as needed.
- Liaises with internal business units and external vendors and participates in the local coordination and implementation of premises and building related matters including incoming / outgoing staff and contractors, relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements while ensuring minimal interruptions to business operations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains and tracks overtime, on-call claims, staff vacations and absences in accordance with Bank and/or divisional guidelines to ensure consistency in entitlement and to determine staff availability.
- Coordinates training requirements for staff (research, booking, cancellations, confirmations, etc.).
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience in an administrative/ professional support function, demonstrating progressive responsibility and post-secondary degree in related field of study.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.