Posted Jun 23, 2022 at 05:15 pm Closes Jul 7, 2022 at 05:15 pm
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FULL TIME PERMANENT
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
CLOSING: JULY 7, 2022
OVERVIEW: The Director of Human Resources oversees the overall strategic direction, planning and coordination, administration, and evaluation of the human resource functions of Shawenim Abinoojii Inc. which has employees in various locations in Winnipeg and the eight (8) Southeast Communities. The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for recruitment, selection, retention, reviewing policies and procedures, training and development, performance management, employee relations, HR records management and reporting, workforce and succession planning, legal compliance and risk management, organizational design, and total rewards (compensation and benefits).
· Oversee all Human Resources employees, operations, and processes.
· Draft and/or revise and implement human resource policies, procedures, and memorandums.
· Respond to internal and external human resource related inquiries from employees, managers, and other partners.
· Conduct investigations into any employee complaints or concerns brought forward.
· Act as a mediator pertaining to conflict management in the workplace.
· Manage employee recruitment cycle, retention, onboarding, orientation, succession planning, termination and exit interviews.
· Track, monitor and produce monthly and annual reports using the HRIS System regarding recruitment, retention, Indigenous representation, employee headcount and more.
· Act as pension and benefits administrator.
· Participate in Government Surveys as required.
· Ensure personal records are maintained ensuring mandatory checks are completed.
· Create and manage salary scales & classifications in collaboration with finance.
· Create and/or update job descriptions.
· Participate in the workplace safety and health committee, investigate workplace injuries and accidents, and file any reports.
· Manage all training and development opportunities for employees.
· Attend Board meeting as required to provide programming updates.
· Participate in committees and assist with special assignments as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Diploma in Human Resource Management.
· Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation considered an asset.
· Minimum of 8+ years of human resource generalist experience working directly with senior level management.
· Experience with supervising and developing staff.
· Experience developing the HR function in other organizations such as talent management, compensation and benefits, and policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of Employment Standards, Labour Law, Workers Compensation Board, Workplace Safety and Health, Human Rights, Child and Family Services sector and legislation.
· Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate, plan, and organize.
· Ability to handle conflict, identify developmental needs of employees, and provide coaching and mentoring.
· Must be able to work overtime and be flexible with work hours to meet organizational needs.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, MS Word, Spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint, E-mail (Outlook) and Internet.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel as required.
· Must provide clear criminal records check, adult and child abuse checks, clear drivers abstract.
· Demonstrate knowledge and/or understanding of Indigenous perspectives, First Nations culture and traditional philosophies.
· Successful applicant(s) will also be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date.
For the best results please apply directly through bamboohr.com using the following link: https://saihr.bamboohr.com/jobs/?source=shawenim-abinoojii
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENOUS, INUIT OR METIS).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: