ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the successful candidate for this 12 month term position will administer payments and maintain accounts associated with specific vendors and perform on going analysis of various SAP reports for the assigned vendor group.
- Utilizing SAP software and web-based solutions, receive and process for payment all invoices pertaining to an assigned group of vendors following established procedures and guidelines.
- Independently interpret terms of payment and exercise sound judgement and decision making in processing vendor payments in the SAP environment.
- Establish long-term cooperative relationships with Supply Chain Management staff, receivers of goods and other areas of the Corporation who are Accounts Payable customers.
- Establish excellent working relationships with Manitoba Hydro's suppliers through responding to telephone and written inquiries related to processing of invoices for payment.
- Maintain a current knowledge of corporate policies, procedures and regulations related to processing invoices for payment.
- Provide direction and assistance to staff in resolving problems related to the Accounts Payable System.
- Assist in establishing new procedures and methods as required.
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of two to three accounting courses plus one year of related experience.
- Working knowledge of corporate policies, procedures and regulations related to processing invoices for payment.
- Must have experience in balancing and working with figures.
- Ability to schedule work and complete assignments with a minimum of supervision/high degree of independence.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a focus on customer service.
- Experience with SAP's FI and MM module would be considered an asset.
- Must be tactful, diplomatic and have the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $23.10-$30.25 Hourly, $44,268.64-$57,969.86 Annually.
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is JUNE 29, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.